Welcome to 2017.
For some, a new year means a new start. It’s a natural point in our lives when we consider what we desire to see happen over the next twelve months. Maybe you desire to be a better leader. And this is the year. Maybe you desire to get your finances headed in the right direction. And this is the year. Or maybe you desire to spend more time with God. And this is the year.
I am sure that you have high hopes for 2017. You are setting goals and making plans. And this is good. But there is no better place to start this fresh year than in Scripture.
So, here are 10 verses to start your 2017:
- But those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint. – Isaiah 40:31
- Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. According to His great mercy, He has given us a new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. – 1 Peter 1:3
- For I know the plans I have for you”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. – Jeremiah 29:11
- Therefore, with your minds ready for action, be serious and set your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. – 1 Peter 1:13
- Look, I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. Do you not see it? Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert. – Isaiah 43:19
- Sing a new song to the Lord, for He has performed wonders; His right hand and holy arm have won Him victory. – Psalm 98:1
- Then the One seated on the throne said, “Look! I am making everything new.” He also said, “Write, because these words are faithful and true.” – Revelation 21:5
- Because of the Lord’s faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness! – Lamentations 3:22-23
- “This is why I tell you: Don’t worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Isn’t life more than food and the body more than clothing? – Matthew 6:25
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6
Welcome to 2017, friends.