If you are a leader, you will hit a rut. You will face a giant brick wall. And while you know you need to get out of the rut or face the challenge, you are tired and unmotivated. Leadership does that. It’s tiring.
So if you are a leader who has found himself or herself tired and unmotivated, let me share some quotes from a few well-known leaders.
Here are eleven inspirational quotes for tired leaders:
- The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. – Vince Lombardi
- Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. – Dale Carnegie
- Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. – Mark Twain
- Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
- It always seems impossible until it’s done. – Nelson Mandela
- Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength. – Theodore Roosevelt
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of determination. – Vince Lombardi
- Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. – Louis Pasteur
- Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other. – Walter Elliot
- History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats. – B.C. Forbes
- You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction. – George Horace Lorimer
If you are still not motivated, Derrick Moore, former NFL running back and Georgia Tech football team chaplain has a message for you:
Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a brick wall to run through.