Changing yourself is difficult. Getting others to change sometimes seems impossible.
Many leaders face the need to lead their organization through some type of change. If you find yourself in this position, you are not alone.
Here are eight quotes on change leadership to help you get started:
- Successful transformation is 70 to 90 percent leadership and only 10-30 percent management. – John Kotter
- If you want to make enemies, try to change something. – Woodrow Wilson
- The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence – it is to act with yesterday’s logic. – Peter Drucker
- Culture does not change because we desire to change it. Culture changes when the organization is transformed; the culture reflects the realities of people working together every day. – Frances Hesselbein
- Don’t underestimate how hard it is to drive people out of their comfort zones. – John Kotter
- Change is the law of life and those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. – John F. Kennedy
- Change before you have to. – Jack Welch
- I have never seen successful and sustaining change take place in a church without prayer. – Thom Rainer