Have you considered attending The College at Southeastern in Wake Forest, North Carolina?
Many of you know that I live in the Raleigh/Wake Forest area of North Carolina. It’s a great place to live, work, raise a family, and go to college.
One of the gems of this area is The College at Southeastern. I get to work and teach on the Wake Forest, NC campus so I know the school well. And I can say without reservation, that it should be on every high schoolers list of potential colleges.
Here are a few reasons why:
- Great Commission classrooms. Every course, from English to Management, is taught through a biblical worldview with an emphasis on Great Commission application. Classes are crafted so that the student grows closer to God and better understand His mission for their lives.
- Academic excellence. Students of The College at Southeastern receive an outstanding education. Graduates of the college will find themselves ready for their future career and ministry.
- Budget-friendly. I love this part. The College at Southeastern is an incredible value. Students’ net cost (what you actually pay) is lower than many private and public schools. Remember, if a $40,000/year school provides a $20,000 scholarship, you still pay $20,000. A lower net cost helps students avoid student loan debt and a financially burdened start to their career.
- The SBC Scholarship. If you are a Southern Baptist, you get about a 50% tuition scholarship at The College at Southeastern. Really. This is a phenomenal opportunity that should not be ignored.
- Small class size. Students get to know their professors, and professors get to know their students. Students are more than just a student ID.
- The House System. New students are immediately plugged into a community. In these groups (or Houses), students develop lifelong friendships, have a lot of fun, grow spiritually, and pursue academic success.
- The campus. The College at Southeastern is located on a beautiful, historic campus in the heart of Wake Forest, North Carolina. It was the original campus of Wake Forest University before they moved to Winston-Salem. The campus is a must-see.
- Wake Forest, North Carolina. Wake Forest is a historic college town attached to a large city, Raleigh. Its location puts you a few hours away from the beach and the mountains. Of course, there is plenty to do locally. Wake Forest provides an ideal setting to spend your undergraduate years.
If you are a high schooler (or a parent of a high schooler), I highly recommend you consider The College at Southeastern.
You can find out more about The College at Southeastern by checking out their new website: CollegeAtSoutheastern.com.
Specifically, I encourage you to take a trip to Wake Forest, NC and check out the college and its campus in person. Click here for more information.
See you soon.