How can you increase your productivity this year? What are some communication mistakes you need to avoid? And how can you get “unstuck” in your finances?
These questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- Face Reality: You Are the Leader by Craig Thompson. Most pastors love the ministerial aspects of their role. That’s what they feel called to do. But what about the other not-so-exciting aspects of their role in leading the church? According to Craig Thompson, “Oversight is a biblical responsibility. As such, pastors have been called to oversee and to do whatever is necessary to become equipped to lead and manage within their local church.” Learn from Paul’s instructions to Titus about what it means to be an “overseer” of the church.
- How To Boost Your Productivity In 2018 by Sarah Robins. The excitement of a new year brings the motivation for new goals. For Sarah Robins with the Vanderbloemen team, “One of these goals is boosting my productivity. I don’t want to do more; I want to be more focused in what I do.” Checkout this post for her tips on how to boost your productivity in 2018.
- 7 Common Communication Mistakes to Avoid by Dan Reiland. As a leader, public speaking often comes with the job. But not everyone is naturally gifted in this area. So what can they do to improve? Dan Reiland writes, “Some of us will never have that great God-given talent to “move the masses,” but we can all improve our public communication skills to meet the need where God has placed us.” Checkout this post for seven common communication mistakes to avoid, and other tips to improve your communication skills.
- 10 Areas Where Church Leaders Experience “Spiritual Numbness” by Chuck Lawless. Spiritual numbness is usually a sign of an underlying issue. Have you noticed that your passion to reach the lost and your brokenness over sin has decreased the longer you’ve been in ministry? As this happens, it should prompt personal evaluation to determine the cause of the numbness. This post gives ten areas where church leaders often experience “spiritual numbness.” Do any of these areas reflect the state of your own heart?
- 4 Ways to “Unstuck” Your Finances by Chuck Bentley. A new year is a great time to get a handle on your finances. As Chuck Bentley says, “When it comes to our finances, taking the first step is often the hardest. We want to do the right thing, and may even commit to saving, budgeting, making a plan, but then it just doesn’t happen.” Don’t let that happen to you. Checkout this post for 4 ways to “unstuck” your finances, and commit to making it happen.