Should you invest in a 401(k) or a Roth IRA? What technologies should your church consider using? And what does Genesis have to say about giving?
These questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- Seven Giving Messages from Genesis by Todd McMichen. The Bible has a lot to say about money and not just in the New Testament. In fact, Genesis offers many principles regarding money and in this article, Todd McMichen lays out seven of them. Check it out for encouragement in shepherding people in their finances.
- How to Decide Between Investing in a 401(k) or a Roth IRA by Jeff Haden. If you’ve found yourself asking whether you should invest in a 401(k) or a Roth IRA, look no further. Here, Jeff Haden offers helpful explanations regarding the nature of these investments as well as advice in where to start.
- How and Why I Could Fall by Thom Rainer. We can all think of examples where a leader fell due to his or her pride. What should we learn from them? Thom Rainer offers five warning signs we often see leaders infected with pride as well as encouragement in how we should respond. Most importantly, that “I must realize even more poignantly that except for the grace of God I too will go down that path.”
- Six Technologies That Can Help Your Church Connect More Effectively by Jonathan Howe. Technology isn’t something to be feared, but rather a tool to be used. Jonathan Howe lays out six different technologies that he’s seen help the church fulfill its mission. Take a look for ideas on how to better utilize technology in your church.
- 6 Essential Skills For Senior & Executive Leaders by Dan Reiland. In order to be a good senior or executive leader, some skills are non-negotiable. Dan Reiland lists out six of them as well as the encouragement that “because they are skills, they can be learned. And because they can be learned, you can improve in any or all that you lean into and practice.” Take a look at this article so you can put into practice these important leadership skills.