What does God have to say about money? Quite a bit. Throughout Scripture, there are more than 2,000 verses relating to money, possessions, and stewardship. Needless to say, God cares deeply about you and your relationship to money.
If you are looking for a few verses about money, here are ten to get you started:
1. Keep your life free from the love of money. Be satisfied with what you have, for he himself has said, I will never leave you or abandon you. – Hebrews 13:5
2. The one who loves silver is never satisfied with silver, and whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with income. This too is futile. – Ecclesiastes 5:10
3. Honor the Lord with your possessions and with the first produce of your entire harvest. – Proverbs 3:9
4. Watch out and be on guard against all greed, because one’s life is not in the abundance of his possessions. – Luke 12:15
5. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. – Matthew 6:21
6. Instruct those who are rich in the present age not to be arrogant or to set their hope on the uncertainty of wealth, but on God, who richly provides us with all things to enjoy. – 1 Timothy 6:17
7. If anyone has this world’s goods and sees a fellow believer in need but withholds compassion from him—how does God’s love reside in him? – 1 John 3:17
8. The wicked person borrows and does not repay, but the righteous one is gracious and giving. – Psalm 37:21
9. In every way I’ve shown you that it is necessary to help the weak by laboring like this and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, because he said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ – Acts 20:35
10. The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender. – Proverbs 22:7
What about you? What verse had most impacted your understanding of money? Provide it in the comment section.