God owns everything, and we get to manage it for Him. The responsible management of these God-given resources is called stewardship.
The Bible gives us many verses that talk about the resources we get to manage for God. For this post, I put together a few of my favorites.
Here are eleven awesome stewardship Bible verses:
- The earth and everything in it, the world and its inhabitants, belong to the Lord. – Psalm 24:1
- Riches and honor come from You, and You are the ruler of everything. Power and might are in Your hand, and it is in Your hand to make great and to give strength to all. – 1 Chronicles 29:12
- Every generous act and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights; with Him there is no variation or shadow cast by turning. – James 1:17
- Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men, knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord. You serve the Lord Christ. – Colossians 3:23-24
- “His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave! You were faithful over a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Share your master’s joy!’ – Matthew 25:21
- Precious treasure and oil are in the dwelling of a wise person, but a foolish man consumes them. – Proverbs 21:20
- Honor the Lord with your possessions and with the first produce of your entire harvest. – Proverbs 3:9
- For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have more than enough. But from the one who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. – Matthew 25:29
- Based on the gift each one has received, use it to serve others, as good managers of the varied grace of God. – 1 Peter 4:10
- So if you have not been faithful with the unrighteous money, who will trust you with what is genuine? – Luke 16:11
- Remember this: The person who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the person who sows generously will also reap generously. Each person should do as he has decided in his heart—not reluctantly or out of necessity, for God loves a cheerful giver. – 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
Of course, there are a number of other great verses about stewardship in the Bible. And they continue to remind us that God owns everything, and we are to wisely manage any resource that finds it way under our control. You can learn more by checking out The Money Challenge: 30 Days of Discovering God’s Design for You and Your Money. Use everything you have to point others to God and to advance His Kingdom. This is stewardship.