You’re going to announce an organization-shaking decision that won’t be popular with everyone.
You’re about to have that conversation you’ve been avoiding for months.
You aren’t sure if you are going to have a job this time next week.
From performance to personnel issues, the reasons for a leader’s anxiety are innumerable. Like many leaders today, you may find yourself feeling immersed in anxiety. And you desperately desire to come up for air.
You want to breathe again.
God knew that anxiety would find its way into our lives. So He talks to us about it in the Bible.
So if you find yourself immersed in anxiety, take the next few moments and consider what God is saying to you about it and the situation you are facing.
Here are 11 Bible verses for the anxious leader:
- Therefore don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. – Matthew 6:34
- Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7
- Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your care on Him, because He cares about you. – 1 Peter 5:6-7
- Why am I so depressed? Why this turmoil within me? Put your hope in God, for I will still praise Him, my Savior and my God. – Psalm 42:5
- Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. – Psalm 55:22
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6
- Can any of you add a cubit to his height by worrying? If then you’re not able to do even a little thing, why worry about the rest? – Luke 12:25-26
- I sought the Lord, and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears. – Psalm 34:4
- Therefore, we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? – Hebrews 13:6
- He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death will no longer exist; grief, crying, and pain will exist no longer, because the previous things have passed away. – Revelation 21:4
- When I am afraid, I will trust in You. – Psalm 56:3
To the anxious leader: Place your anxiety on God, trust in Him, and move forward.