Frustration can hit any leader.
Results can frustrate. Personnel can frustrate. Competition can frustrate.
The list goes on and on and on.
You may have entered today with a number of frustrations looming over you. The good news is that you are not alone. We’ve all been there. Every leader has been there.
So to combat this frustration, I have put together a list of quotes for you, the frustrated leader. Enjoy.
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. – Henry Ford
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. – Helen Keller
- I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do. – Leonardo da Vinci
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
- I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. – Jimmy Dean
- Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems. – Brian Tracy
- Life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent of how I react to it. – Charles Swindoll
- I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. – Stephen Covey
- When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. – Henry Ford
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. – Robert Louis Stevenson
- If you hear a voice within you say, ‘You cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. – Vincent Van Gogh
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein
We all hit points of frustration. It is important that we do not dwell on them idly. We must as, “So what do I do next?” And move forward.