God is the creator and owner of everything. Yet, the Bible reveals that God does the unfathomable with His resources—He entrusts them to us.
The all-knowing God hands over His resources to us to steward for Kingdom advancement. He allows us to participate in His mission.
The Bible tells us that some are given more while other are given less. But all are given the same goal—steward those resources well for God’s Kingdom.
Whether you have much are little, it is good to reflect on what God has given you and be thankful. None of us deserve anything. So it makes sense to be thankful for everything that God has given us.
Here are a few Bible verses to read today. Consider what God has given you, and be thankful.
- Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his faithful love endures forever. – 1 Chronicles 16:34
- I will thank the Lord with all my heart; I will declare all your wondrous works. – Psalm 9:1
- I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. – Psalm 34:1
- It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praise to your name, Most High, to declare your faithful love in the morning and your faithfulness at night. – Psalm 92:1-2
- Let us enter his presence with thanksgiving; let us shout triumphantly to him in song. For the Lord is a great God, a great King above all gods. – Psalm 95:2-3
- Hallelujah! Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his faithful love endures forever. – Psalm 106:1
- Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his faithful love endures forever. – Psalm 107:1
- Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his faithful love endures forever. – Psalm 118:1
- Devote yourselves to prayer; stay alert in it with thanksgiving. – Colossians 4:2
- …give thanks in everything; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful. By it, we may serve God acceptably, with reverence and awe, 29 for our God is a consuming fire. – Hebrews 12:28-29
- Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. – James 1:17
Once one realizes they are entitled to nothing, they become grateful for everything. Whether we find ourselves with much or little, let’s be thankful.