Life can get crazy.
Inevitably, we all find ourselves getting hit with something completely unexpected. And it rocks our world. Maybe your boss let’s you know that your work is no longer needed. Maybe you suddenly find yourself wondering if your marriage will endure. Maybe your child chooses to do something you never thought they would do. Maybe your doctor gives you news that turns your stomach.
In these moments, your world can feel like it has come to a halt yet is spinning out of control at the same time. Anxiety presses down on you. Your nights are restless and your breaths are short.
But in the midst of the worry and stress, there is good news. There is a God who wants to take the weight of anxiety off of you and place it on Himself.
If you find yourself filled with anxiety, here are some verses on which to meditate:
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6
- Therefore, we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? – Hebrews 13:6
- When I am afraid, I will trust in You. – Psalm 56:3
- Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7
- Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. – Psalm 55:22
- Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your care on Him, because He cares about you. – 1 Peter 5:6-7
- Therefore don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. – Matthew 6:34
Place your worries and fears on Him, and trust in Him to sustain you.