The way you manage your money will impact your marriage. It will either bring your marriage together or tear the marriage apart. Rarely is the effect neutral.
In marriage, there are money landmines. These are decisions that can lead to a significant blow up in the relationship. Needless to say, each one is to be avoided.
Knowing how to write an excellent cover letter is still a valuable skill.
While many larger organizations have moved their applications online, there are many organizations that still want a paper resume. And one way to make your resume stand out is an outstanding cover letter.
If you have read The Money Challenge, you are familiar with the eight money milestones:
- Milestone 1: Start giving,
- Milestone 2: Save $1,500 for a minor emergency.
- Milestone 3: max out your 401(k) or 403(b) match.
- Milestone 4: Pay off all debt except your mortgage.
- Milestone 5: Save 3-6 months of living expenses for a job-loss level emergency.
- Milestone 6: Put 15% of your gross income to retirement.
- Milestone 7: Save for college or pay off your mortgage.
- Milestone 8: Live generously.
Life can get crazy.
Inevitably, we all find ourselves getting hit with something completely unexpected. And it rocks our world. Maybe your boss let’s you know that your work is no longer needed. Maybe you suddenly find yourself wondering if your marriage will endure. Maybe your child chooses to do something you never thought they would do. Maybe your doctor gives you news that turns your stomach.