Zach had a really good question about how he invests. So, we answer it on this episode.
You can also download the episode here.
“Our income during the summer is lower than the rest of the year. Do you suggest we invest the average we are able to invest each month, or should we just do manual investments each month based on what we can do that month?”
- Milestone 1: Start giving.
- Milestone 2: Save $1,500 for a minor emergency.
- Milestone 3: Max out your 401(k) or 403(b) match.
- Milestone 4: Pay off all debt except your mortgage.
- Milestone 5: Save 3-6 months of living expenses for a job-loss level emergency.
- Milestone 6: Put 15% of your gross income to retirement.
- Milestone 7: Save for college or pay off your mortgage.
- Milestone 8: Live generously.
Calculate the percentage of your gross income that you are putting toward retirement. Is it 15%? If not, what next steps are needed to get you there? Start mapping out a plan to achieve the 15% mark.
Have a money question?
Submit your money question here.