How can you earn an extra $1,000 this month? What should you do if you’re house poor? And how can you plan for the unexpected?
All these questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- How to Inspire a Giving Spirit in Your Church by Todd McMichen. The national numbers on charitable giving are increasing, so why are those numbers not reflected in our churches? Todd McMichen lays out what we can we learn from these organizations and how you can inspire a giving spirit in your church.
- Planning for the Exceptions by Jill Koval. Unexpected monthly expenses are inevitable. So how can you plan for the unexpected? Here, Jill Koval offers two solutions to this budgeting problem that can help you know how to plan for the exceptions.
- 7 Ways to Earn an Extra $1,000 This Month by Susannah Snider. Are you trying to find ways to reach your financial goals quicker? Check out this article from Susannah Snider that shows seven different ways you can earn an extra $1,000 this month. You may be surprised at all the different options for earning extra income.
- 3 Inexpensive Ways to Develop as a Leader by Ron Edmondson. Are the best modes of leadership development going to cost money? If you don’t have a budget for leadership development in your organization, check out these three inexpensive ways to develop as a leader from Ron Edmondson. These are accessible to anyone.
- Ask Chuck: What To Do If You’re House Poor by Chuck Bentley. What should you do when you’re faced with a mortgage that eats up a large percentage of your monthly income? Should you refinance? Sell your home and downsize? Check out this article where Chuck Bentley gives readers some helpful advice if you find yourself house poor.