Who should you buy presents for during Christmas? How can you improve giving retention? And how can you raise your children to be givers?
All these questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- Raising Our Children to Be Givers in a Culture Infected by Affluenza by Randy Alcorn. In a culture full of materialism and greed, we need to be careful to intentionally teach our children the way of generosity. Randy Alcorn says that “One of the best gifts we can give our children is to include them in our family giving decisions and instill in them the giving habit, and a vision for giving.” Keep reading to see how you can raise your children to be givers.
- Who Should You Buy Presents For During Christmas? by Tyler Huckabee. If you find yourself overwhelmed with all the gifts you feel you should be buying this year, take a look at this post to help determine who you should buy presents for. In this article, Tyler Huckabee offers some helpful steps in making a plan for this year’s Christmas shopping.
- A Simple Way to Improve Giving Retention by Erik Reed. In an effort to grow a culture of generosity in churches, Erik Reed points out the importance of acknowledging and thanking first-time givers. He points out that “If you take the time to incorporate this simple method of follow-up to those who give for the first time, you’ll likely gain a very important thing: a second-time giver.” Check it out.
- Ask Chuck: Passing On Treasures To Family by Chuck Bentley. When it comes to leaving an inheritance for your loved ones, it can be difficult to know where to start. Here Chuck Bentley offers some creative processes and suggestions as to how you can go about this, so you can see what works best for your family.
- The Power of Giving by Ron Blue. The Bible makes a clear connection between money and what our hearts are after. As Ron Blue puts it, “Jesus knows that the key to our hearts is our treasure. When He has our treasure, He has our hearts.” Check out this article to see the power that comes with giving and how it reveals our hearts.