How can you help a young pastor with finances? What virtue is non-negotiable in leadership? And how can you avoid credit card debt over the holidays?
All these questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- The Non-Negotiable Virtue in Leadership by Matthew Hall. “If those we lead doubt our character, it really doesn’t matter what they think of our competence.” Here, Matthew Hall points out why character and trust are necessary in leadership.
- 7 Ways to Help a Young Preacher with Finances by Chuck Lawless. There are many things young pastors are learning to navigate when starting out in their new position, and Chuck Lawless shows the often complicated nature of finances within this role. Check out these seven ways to help.
- 6 Steps to Avoiding Credit Card Debt Over the Holidays by Holly Johnson. “Holiday debt may be incurred unintentionally, but the consequences can linger long after you put away the twinkly lights and stockings.” Here, Holly Johnson offers six steps to avoiding credit card debt over the holidays.
- 7 Ways to Be More Thankful by Ron Edmondson. In a season where it’s tempting to want more and more, take a look at Ron Edmondson’s seven ways to be more thankful, along with encouragement to practice contentment every day.
- Ask Chuck: Financing Fixer Upper Fever by Chuck Bentley. Is it ever a good idea to take out a loan for home repairs? Here, Chuck Bentley offers his advice to those looking to make updates to their home while being financially wise.