What are common misconceptions Christians have about work? What does the budgeting process look like? And what are some practical ways we can love God more than money?
All these questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- 3 Misconceptions Christians Have About Work by Nathaniel Williams. Have you ever wrestled with how much time you spend working? What’s it all for? Just money? Here, Nathaniel Williams lays out three misconceptions Christians often have regarding work. Along with that, he offers the real purpose behind why we work. It’s helpful, check it out.
- 8 Practical Ways to Love God More Than Money from Seedtime. Our hearts are prone to drift, and as it’s pointed out in this article, we “seldom drift closer to God.” Therefore, we need to be actively guarding against our love of money. This article provides great tips on ways to help you love God more than money.
- The Budgeting Process by Michael Jensen. Most people would say they know having a budget is a good thing. But it can be intimidating getting started if you’ve never created or stuck to a budget before. Here, Michael Jensen gives us simple, practical steps needed to start a budget as well as some encouragement in sticking to it.
- Having a Pilgrim Mentality about Money and Possessions by Randy Alcorn. There are a lot of things that might contribute to our lack of giving, but Randy Alcorn says he’s “convinced that the greatest deterrent to our giving is this: the illusion that earth, as it is now, is our home.” How do we combat that? Keep reading to see how having a pilgrim mentality helps beat this illusion.
- 7 Tough, But Smart Leadership Decisions by Ron Edmondson. Making the smart decision in leadership doesn’t always mean it will be easy. In fact, it often won’t be. What are the decisions that are often difficult but necessary? In this article, Ron Edmondson highlights some decisions that while yes, they are tough, in the long run it will be worth it.