How does the new tax bill impact your finances? Can a leader get lonely? And how does a church become multigenerational?
These questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- Write a Resignation Letter, but Don’t Resign by Eric Geiger. Big changes, such as a change in a leadership role, causes you to look back. Did you accomplish what you were hoping to in that role? Did you serve to the best of your ability? Eric Geiger writes, “It is good to remind ourselves that our leadership is merely temporary stewardship, that God in His providence has put us in our roles for a season.” Read this post, and consider the exercise of writing a resignation letter. But don’t resign.
- The Loneliness of Leadership by Ron Edmondson. In the role of leadership, the reality is that there will be lonely times. You will have to make decisions that are unpopular for the overall good of the ones you are leading. According to Ron Edmondson, “In those days, we stand firm in our faith and our calling. And, we wait for better days.” In this post, we read about the loneliness of leadership, and are encouraged to press on in the midst of it.
- Thank You, Billy Graham by Thom Rainer. This week, one of the great leaders of the faith went home to be with the Lord. He will be missed in this world, but his life is one that will continue to impact and spur on the Church for years to come. Reflecting on his own experience, Thom Rainer writes, “Some have seen him to be the world’s most influential person of the second half of the twentieth century. Yet in each of the times I was with him, I witnessed one of the most humble men I’ve ever known.” There is much to be learned from the life of Billy Graham.
- 5 Ways To Develop A Multigenerational Church by Vanderbloemen Search Group. Many churches are recognizing the need to develop and encourage multigenerational integration and diversity. Some are already doing this well and seeing the invaluable results of learning from those in different seasons of life. As the Body of Christ, we all have a part in His mission, and we need each other in our spiritual journeys. So checkout this post for five ways to encourage multigenerational integration in your church.
- Ask Chuck: How Will the New Tax Bill Affect My Finances? by Chuck Bentley. Tax season. For many people, just the thought can cause fear and anxiety. But that does not need to be the case. If you are concerned or have questions about the new tax bill, take a look at this post. Hopefully it will answer some of your questions and put your mind at ease.