When is the right time to take social security? Are you an empowering leader? And how can you build an emergency savings?
All these questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- Ask Chuck: When To Take Social Security? by Chuck Bentley. The question of when one should start taking social security isn’t an easy one. It involves many different factors. Here, Chuck Bentley offers his insight as well as a variety of factors you should consider when making this decision.
- 5 Surprising Characteristics That Separate Great Leaders from Other Leaders by Carey Nieuwhof. What is it that sets great leaders apart from all the others? Carey Nieuwhof points out five surprising characteristics of great leaders that may seem counter-intuitive at first, but are necessary for anyone who wants to lead well. Check it out.
- Saving for Emergencies by Michael Blue. It’d be nice to think that we’re all immune to financial emergencies. Unfortunately, that’s not reality. This is why it’s important to plan for the unexpected in our finances. Keep reading to see where Michael Blue shows how and why you should be saving for emergencies.
- 12 Indicators You’re NOT an Empowering Leader by Ron Edmondson. While most leaders know that great leadership involves empowering others, it can still be easy to become self-focused and neglect the development of those around us. For helpful self-reflection, Ron Edmonson offers a list of indicators that you’re not empowering others to lead.
- 5 Ways Gig Economy Workers Can Save for Retirement by Emily Guy Birken. With the popularity of gig economy workers on the rise, Emily Guy Birken points out a vulnerability in this type of work: retirement savings. Check out her suggestions on how to still prioritize retirement savings in the gig economy.