How can you encourage spontaneous giving? What dangers does debt present? And what are some common habits of millionaires?
All these questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- Spontaneous Generosity Is A Thing by Todd McMichen. Did you know that “45% of Millennials believe generosity happens often/always in the spur of the moment”? In light of this, Todd McMichen points out the importance of providing opportunities for spontaneous giving. Keep reading for suggestions on what that can look like.
- What Did Jesus Actually Have to Say about Money? by Roger Oldham. In order to know how we as believers should view money, we need to first know what Jesus taught about it. Here, Roger Oldham says “When anchored in Jesus’ teaching, our money can be all that God’s intends for our part in advancing his Kingdom.” This is important.
- The Dangers of Debt by Evan Elston. The immediate gratification that can come as a result of going into debt can be really enticing. But Evan Elston points out that “Getting into debt can be quite easy, but getting out is the challenging part.” Because of this, be careful to consider the dangers that come with going into debt.
- 4 Habits of Millionaires (Have Any of These?) by Craig Ford. What comes to mind when you think of a millionaire? Extravagant living? Luxury cars? In this article, Craig Ford highlights four important habits of millionaires that aren’t actually all that glamorous, but ones that we would be wise to follow in their example. Check it out.
- 8 Insights From Jesus’ Development Of Spiritual Leaders by Dan Reiland. Jesus’ life and ministry on earth give us the perfect example of what it looks like to develop spiritual leaders. He vision-casted, he taught them, and he gave correction. These are just a few of the insights laid out in this article by Dan Reiland, and it’s worth reading.