How would you describe leadership? Why do people give to you church? And how do you have money talks with your kids?
These questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- 1 Big Question Church Leaders Must Ask About Leadership Development by Eric Geiger. Leadership development is important for all organizations, including churches. Eric Geiger says, “The big question about leadership development for church leaders: What will be centralized?” Here is his recommended approach.
- 7 Leadership Principles Life Has Taught Me by Ron Edmondson. All leaders should be learners. One of the best places to learn is from other people’s experiences. Ron Edmondson says, “Principles can help us learn from one another. We can benefit from another person’s experience.” Here are Ron’s seven leadership principles that life has taught him.
- Leadership in 4 Words by Dan Reiland. How would you describe leadership? Dan Reiland does it in four words. He says, “These four words provide a foundation for relationally-based leadership that when connected to a vision, will serve any leader well.”
- 3 Reasons Why People Will Give to Your Church by Meredith Morris. Why do people give to churches or organizations? Meredith Morris says, “People don’t give to your ministry’s organization; they give to its mission. People will give to you when they know why your church exists.” Here are three reasons why people will give to your church.
- Have you had the (money) talk with your kids? by Chuck Bentley. Do you struggle to know how to talk to your kids about money? You are not alone. Chuck Bentley says, “Just as you talk about the Lord as you go along the way, teach your kids about handling money throughout the week.” Here are some helpful tips.