How can you grow as a leader? Why don’t leadership development programs work? And is it ok to give time instead of money?
These questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- 7 Absolutely Certain Ways to Grow as a Leader by Ron Edmondson. Do you want to grow as a leader? Hopefully so, but how does one continue to grow as a leader? Ron Edmondson says that it “requires intentionality on the part of the leader. It doesn’t automatically happen.” So, here are seven ways to grow as a leader.
- 10 Easy Ways To Blow Your Influence As A Leader…Without Even Trying by Carey Nieuwhof. Being a leader usually means that you have some influence on people. This influence was probably developed over time. However, Carey Nieuwhof says, “Influence that takes years to build can be squandered overnight.” Here are ten ways you can blow your influence as a leader.
- 3 Reasons Why Existing Leadership Development Programs Don’t Work by Brent Gleeson. Leaders are responsible for the growth and development of others. However, Brent Gleeson reminds us that “[We] first must improve ourselves before leading others in their development process.” Here are three ways to develop the leader’s mindset.
- Leading the Way by Giving Back by Meredith Morris. On this Black Friday, Meredith Morris offers a pertinent question for us to consider, “What is one way you can lead the way in giving back?” Here are six ideas for giving back to your community.
- Is It Okay to Give My Time Instead of My Money? by Chris Brown. If money is tight, is it okay to give your time to the church instead of money? Chris Brown says, “Giving your time is a great way to honor God and show love to others. But you can’t give your time instead of giving your tithe.”