Are you a good listener? Do you know the difference between micromanagement and accountability? And can you make sure that you don’t overspend this Christmas?
These questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- Leading by Listening by Chuck Lawless. Are you a good listener? Many times, we think that we are listening, but we are distracted with what we need to get done next. However, Chuck Lawless says that you must listen if you want to lead well. Here are ten things you need to listen to better.
- Adding Specificity to Vision by Daniel Im. You and your organization probably have a vision for how you want to grow or where you want to be in the future. But is your vision specific enough? Why would an organization want to have specificity in their vision statement? Daniel Im gives us two reasons.
- The Difference Between Micromanagement and Accountability by Paul Alexander. What is the difference between micromanagement and accountability? Unfortunately, many organizations have a hard time deciphering between the two. Paul Alexander shares what each of them looks like and why accountability is the better way.
- 3 Ways Ministry Leaders Must Live as Stewards by Eric Geiger. God has entrusted each of us with something, and it is our job to steward it well. As ministry leaders, this is a very important calling. Eric Geiger says, “The ministry leader, as a faithful steward, is responsible to ensure resources are managed faithfully.” Here are three ways ministry leaders must live as stewards.
- How to Keep Holiday Spending in Check this Year by Chris Brown. With Thanksgiving and Christmas fast approaching, hopefully your budget is ready for such a season. Chris Brown says, “The holidays may be the most wonderful time of the year, but they can also be the most expensive time of the year.” Here are three ways to prepare.