Is it possible to abuse your property insurance? Why should you know your net worth? And is it more important to give to your church than charities?
All these questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- Is It OK to Give to Charities Instead of Tithing? by Eddie Kaufholz. So you’ve decided you’re going to give, but now comes the decision of where you’ll give. Here, Eddie Kaufholz lays out some important questions to ask regarding where you give and the importance of giving to a local church. Check it out.
- The Everyday Person’s Guide to Understanding Student Loans by Jessee Miller. The language and terms surrounding student loans can be confusing and often overwhelming for those are not familiar with it. Jessee Miller sheds some light on common student loan terms so you can make an informed decision when it comes to paying for college.
- How to Calculate Your Net Worth & Why You Should by Bob Lotich. Do you know your net worth? Bob Lotich argues that tracking your net worth versus how much debt you owe can be more encouraging and help with making wise money decisions. Check out this article to see how you can calculate your net worth.
- 5 Abuses of Church Property Insurance by Tim Cool. In his years of thinking through and teaching on facility stewardship, Tim Cool has seen some concerning ways of thinking about facility insurance. He lays them out here so you can avoid abusing your church property insurance. It’s worth reading.
- The Biggest Challenge Of Restricted Funds And How You Can Handle It by Bailley Hawkins. Restricted funds can pose a unique challenge to churches, and here Bailley Hawkins lays out some questions that often come with this type of fund. Be sure to check it out so you can better understand what can and can’t be done with these funds and handle them well.