What are the most common financial mistakes? How should we think rightly about wealth? And how can you get out of the timeshare trap?
All these questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
- How to Pursue Wealth as a Gift by Joshua Chatraw. “Even if we’re philanthropic and generous with our time and money, we could always cut back and give more.” Joshua Chatraw explores this tension of enjoying the good gifts God has given us but not letting these gifts become god in our lives.
- 3 Common Financial Mistakes to Avoid by Evan Elston. What are some of the most common financial mistakes Americans make? Here, Evan Elston argues that one of the biggest mistakes is living a consumptive lifestyle. Keep reading to see other common financial mistakes to avoid.
- Ask Chuck: How To Get Out Of The Timeshare Trap by Chuck Bentley. “Of the approximately 9.6 million households who own some type of timeshare, about 85% wish they did not.” Check out this article where Chuck Bentley offers some helpful advice for those who are looking to get out of the timeshare trap.
- Why Does God Want Me to Give? by Cortni Marrazzo. “When it comes to giving, God doesn’t need our money or our things. What he needs is us, and the process of giving blesses us and changes us, as well as brings him glory.” Cortni Marrazzo shows how God uses giving to change the giver, not just the one receiving. Check it out.
- With this strategy, ‘you can’t avoid becoming a millionaire’ by Annie Nova. Many young people are missing out on one of the biggest investment strategies by refusing to start investing while still young. See here where, given enough time, even a little bit of money can grow exponentially over the years.