Should you really care about your credit score? Who cares if it is 550 or 750? Well, some people do. And on this episode, we talk about who.
In this week’s episode, we answer these listeners’ questions:
- Should I pay off my student loan debt before buying a home?
- Does my credit score really matter?
For reference, here are the Money Milestones:
- Milestone 1: Start giving.
- Milestone 2: Save $1,500 for a minor emergency.
- Milestone 3: Max out for 401(k) or 403(b) match.
- Milestone 4: Pay off all debt except your mortgage.
- Milestone 5: Save 3-6 months of living expenses for a job-loss emergency.
- Milestone 6: Put 15% of your gross income to retirement.
- Milestone 7: Save for college or pay off your mortgage.
- Milestone 8: Live generously.
And here is this week’s Money Challenge:
Figure out your credit score. There are a number of different sites that will give you your score for free, so take advantage of them. Make sure you know where you stand.
Subscribe to The Money Challenge Podcast here!