10 Verses on Joy
As a child in church, I remember singing these words: “I’ve got joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart!” As a young boy, that joy was a genuine, but simple joy.
As life progresses, the joy we Christians have in Christ becomes deeper and more complex as we encounter struggles and suffering. We learn of the Father’s consistent faithfulness toward us. Here are 10 verses I pray encourage your heart today to this kind of joy.
1. “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.” – James 1:2-3
2. “You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound.” – Psalm 4:7
3. “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forever more.” – Psalm 16:11
4. “Restore to me the joy of your salvation and uphold me with a willing spirit.” – Psalm 51:12
5. “Go, eat your bead with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart, for God has already approved what you do.” – Ecclesiastes 9:7
6. “Yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.” – Habakkuk 3:18
7. “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.” - Matthew 13:44
8. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” – Romans 15:13
9. “…looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.” – Hebrews 12:2
10. “Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy.” – Jude 24