You get called into a meeting—your job has been deleted. You look at your small business’ financials—it won’t make it another month. You receive a phone call—the person on the other end of the line tells you that they have cancer.
There are moments when it seems like the entire world is falling apart. Today lies in ruins, and tomorrow looks like more of the same.
During these moments, it is important to remember that God still sits on the throne and that He is in full control. The God who can speak the sun, moon, stars, and life into existence, has this moment held tightly in His hands.
So, here are ten curated verses to help you remember that God is in control:
1. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. - Genesis 1:1
2. The heavens are yours; the earth also is yours. The world and everything in it—you founded them. – Psalm 89:11
3. …for every animal of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. – Psalm 50:10
4. The day is yours, also the night; you established the moon and the sun. – Psalm 74:16
5. Therefore, don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. – Matthew 6:34
6. Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that he may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your cares on him, because he cares about you. - 1 Peter 5:6-7
7. Haven’t I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. – Joshua 1:9
8. Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7
9. Many plans are in a person’s heart, but the Lord’s decree will prevail. – Proverbs 19:11
10. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age. – Matthew 28:20
You can trust God. He’s got this.