15 Verses on Stewardship
Did you know that there are over 2,000 verses about money, possessions, and stewardship in the Bible? Did you know that Jesus spoke on money more than any other topic while he was on earth?
The way we manage our possessions and the placement of our possessions in our heart matters to God. They are gifts He give us to steward, not idolize. They are gift we are given to advance His eternal Kingdom, not our own, momentary kingdom.
This article won’t provide all 2,000 plus verses, but it will provide fifteen to get you started.
1. He then told them, “Watch out and be on guard against all greed, because one’s life is not in the abundance of his possessions.” - Luke 12:15
2. … From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, even more will be expected. - Luke 12:48
3. Whatever you do, do it from the heart, as something done for the Lord and not for people. - Colossians 3:23
4. No one can receive anything unless it has been given to him from heaven. - John 3:27
5. Precious treasure and oil are in the dwelling of a wise person, but a fool consumes them. - Proverbs 21:20
6. A good man leaves an inheritance to his grandchildren, but the sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous. - Proverbs 13:22
7. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves don’t break in and steal. - Matthew 6:20
8. Honor the Lord with your possessions and with the first produce of your entire harvest. - Proverbs 3:9
9. The earth and everything in it, the world and its inhabitants, belong to the Lord. - Psalm 24:1
10. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you. - Matthew 6:33
11. His master said to him, “Well done, good and faithful servant! You were faithful over a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Share your master’s joy.” - Matthew 25:21
12. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. - James 1:17
13. The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender. - Proverbs 22:7
14. Whoever is faithful in very little is also faithful in much, and whoever is unrighteous in very little is also unrighteous in much. - Luke 16:10
15. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. - Matthew 6:21
God has a plan for you and your money. Study His Word to understand that plan. You can also pick up a copy of The Money Challenge to assist you on your financial journey.