What is a "super bill?" What lessons did we learn during the pandemic? What is the simple life?
These questions and more are answered in this week's 5 for Friday.
1. You Need a Pastor – and a Financial Advisor by Brandon Giella. One role of the pastor is to understand what is happening in the world and communicate what God says about it and how people should live in it. The story of Joseph is an example of this principle: Anticipating economic realities can help a pastor shepherd his people. And financial advisors work in this economic anticipation.
2. Why You Should Always Ask for a ‘Super Bill’ of Your Medical Charges by Mike Winters. Medical bills are often confusing or more than we expected. Requesting a “Super Bill” will give you more detailed information regarding the services provided and will either clear up the confusion or bring to light mistakes that might save you money. Errors and duplicate bills are common, so be vigilant with your medical bills.
3. 5 Money-Saving Hacks and Lessons Readers Learned During the Pandemic by Brittney Myers. A survey online produced at least five ways the pandemic helped people save money. Staying at home resulted in less money spent out on the town. People ate out less often, drank home-made coffee, and worked out at home instead of the gym. Ultimately, people spent money on needs more than on wants.
4. Success Beyond What We Can Handle by Tim Challies. While failure breeds humility, dependence, and innovation, success, at times, can lead to pride and self-reliance. This happens when success is outpaced by sanctification. It is good, therefore, to pray that God give us no more success than what we can handle. Be a faithful steward, and trust that God withholds no good thing.
5. In Search of the Simple Life by Reagan Rose. Reagan Rose reflects on how the pandemic changed his attitude toward work and productivity. COVID caused the world to slow down, and in this stillness, the question arose, “What am I doing with my life?” Instead of pursuing everything, what if we simply committed to walk in the good works God has prepared for us?