5 for Friday (July 8, 2022)
How can a married couple reach their financial goals together? What are recent surveys revealing about car payments and adjustable-rate mortgages? And are you taking advantage of all that Amazon Prime offers?
These questions and more are answered in this week’s 5 for Friday.
1. Help Reaching Our Financial Goals Together by Chuck Bentley.
Studies regularly reveal money as one of the leading points of division for marriages. Whereas God has called us to be one in our marriage, money arguments have left many marriages divided. This article looks at how couples can reach their financial goals together.
2. More Than 12% of New Car Payments Top $1000 a Month by Sebastian Blanco.
You are likely aware that car prices have dramatically increased over the past few years. New data reveals something surprising—more than 12% of new car payments are over $1,000 for the first time. This article looks at this shocking number.
3. Demand for Adjustable-Rate Mortgages Surges, As Interest Rates Make Biggest Jump in 13 Years by Diana Olick.
As interest rates began to climb, we have seen more people willing to take on the risk of an adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM). These mortgages have interest rates that can fluctuate over time, sometimes creating higher payments. This article looks at the rise in adjustable-rate mortgages.
4. 5 Types of Loans to Avoid by Howard Dayton
The Bible teaches us that debt is a burden. However, some debts are even more burdensome than others. In this article, Howard Dayton looks at five loans you must avoid.
5. The Best Amazon Prime Benefits You Don't Know About by Jonathan van Halem
Do you have an Amazon Prime subscription? If so, are you taking full advantage of all the benefits you are paying for? This article walks through several Amazon Prime benefits of which some are unaware.