What is the good news of your God-given limits? What are seven steps to manage your money? And is Costco better than Sam's Club?
These questions and more are answered in this week's 5 for Friday.
1. The Good News of Your God-Given Limits by Thomas Kidd. One day we will all breath our last breath—what will our efforts toward productivity amount to? Knowing both the value God has given to mankind and the limits he has gifted us with give us fresh eyes to see faithfulness as the goal. Our time should be filled productively with edifying relationships, important work, and wise inputs.
2. 7 Steps to Manage Your Money by Maryalene LaPonsie. A lot of change has occurred over the past few years—from COVID’s affects, to the “Great Resignation”. It is likely that many of our financial situations have changed, creating the need for us to reevaluate our finances. Maryalene LaPonsie offers seven steps for money management in light of these challenges.
3. Suffering Financially Before the World by David Briones. Financial security is not promised to Christians. What God does promise is to be near to us in Christ through even financial insecurity. The world looks to find contentment in one’s self or in one’s possessions. But the Christian finds contentment in Christ.
4. Is Costco Really Better Than Sam’s Club? By Meredith Dietz. Costco and Sam’s Club are the most well-known members-only bulk shopping companies. Which one should you give your business to? Meredith Dietz compares membership prices, product costs and quality, as well as overall experience to help you make an informed decision.
5. Is Business Always Kingdom Business? By Andy Jones. Integrating faith with our everyday lives can look different for those in the business world. Social entrepreneurship seeks to both make a profit and make some other positive impact. Business as missions can take many forms, but ultimately desires to reflect Christ in dark places.