What prevents tears of gratitude? Are we going cashless? And what are the two types of busyness?
These questions and more are answered in this week's 5 for Friday.
1. What Prevents Tears of Gratitude for Grace? By Trevin Wax. Sometimes, a song will move us to tears in gratitude for God’s grace. Other times, we may respond to the same truths with no tears and a lukewarm heart. Why is this? Ultimately, it is because we don’t recognize the true weight of our sin. A proper understanding of sin will lead us to greater gratitude in God.
2. Are We Going Totally Cashless? By Chuck Bentley. The world is moving away from cash. If cash were to disappear, though, it wouldn’t be soon. Nevertheless, as cash takes a back seat, Christians should grow in wisdom to prepare for the tough challenges digital currency will raise.
3. 10 Low-Cost Ways to Celebrate Mom This Year by Geoff Williams. Mother’s day is here, and it is a perfect time to celebrate the mom’s in your life. Geoff Williams gives ten ideas for you as you consider how to celebrate. These low-cost ideas range from going on a walk, to doing a chore for mom.
4. The Best Personal Task Management Apps by Reagan Rose. Working productively requires prioritizing and managing projects. A task list is a necessary tool. Reagan Rose gives his best task manager apps in three categories: best task manager for Apple users, best multi-platform task manager, and the best paper task manager.
5. There are 2 Types of Busyness by Chris Bailey. Busyness is not always a bad place to be in. The kind of “busy” that may be more negative is the moment-to-moment busyness that crams our mind with things to juggle. This busyness can make us feel productive, but it is not as meaningful as taking on commitments that make a difference.