5 for Friday (October 21, 2022)
How do employers benefit from unlimited PTO? What is your personal inflation rate? And how can churches prepare for difficult times?
These questions and more are answered in this week’s 5 for Friday.
1. How Employers Benefit From Offering Unlimited Paid Time Off by Arianne Cohen.
Unlimited paid time off (PTO)? It sounds like a dream for employees. But is it really? This article explores why employers benefit from unlimited PTO.
2. What is your personal inflation rate? by Prarthana Prakash.
Grocery costs are up. Gas costs are up. Inflation is impacting us all, but the extent to which it is impact us can differ based on geography. This article provides an interesting look on where inflation is higher or lower than other places in the United States.
3. How to Live Life Without Greed by Melody Stampley.
Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions” (NIV). Practically, how can we do this. This article provides some helpful suggestions how to live life without greed.
4. Do Millennials Have it Harder Than Previous Generations? by Christian Stewardship Network.
Each generation has their own set of challenges. But do the Millennials have the most difficult mountain to climb? This article considers the difficulties faced by Millennials and whether they are more significant than other generations.
5. 7 Ways Churches Can Prepare Financially for Rough Waters by Joe Park.
The economy is not just causing strain on family budgets. Churches are feeling the impact as well. This article provides some moves churches can make to better prepare themselves for an increasingly challenging economy.