How much does it cost to build a house? How can you make money on Etsy? And what is a financial advisor?
These questions and more are answered in this week's 5 for Friday.
1. The Overcommitment Cycle by Reagan Rose. Faithful, not frantic, is the goal of Christians in the workplace. Overcommitment is an enemy to faithfulness and many times the cause of frenzy. Reagan Rose recommends the attitude of “less but better”. At home and at work, quality is a better option than quantity.
2. How Much Does It Cost to Build a House? By Dawn Papandrea. There are many details to consider when building a new home. On average, construction of a new house costs almost $300,000. However, details such as location, material costs and square footage will vary the cost. You can save money too, by buying a flat piece of land, keeping the design conventional, and embracing DIY projects.
3. How to Make Money on Etsy by Maryalene Laponsie. Etsy is an online platform where individuals and small businesses can sell handmade goods and vintage items. If you have the ability, it is a great place to make extra money on the side. Maryalene Laponsie offers seven tips toward a successful use of Etsy.
4. Suffering Financially Before the World by David Briones. Financial suffering is something the Apostle Paul himself experienced. Yet, he learned to be content in both lack and abundance. He could only do this, he said, because of Christ who strengthened him. In our own financial crises today, peace and contentment will come only through dependence on Jesus Christ.
5. What is a Financial Advisor, and Why Should I Hire One? By Budget Mom. A financial advisor provides financial guidance for their clients, evaluating their current circumstances and helping them to set goals for the future. There are pros and cons to hiring a financial advisor, but if your financial situation changes dramatically, you are nearing retirement, or you just need unbiased advice, an advisor might be a good option for you.