Paul David Tripp is a pastor and author who has written and spoken extensively with the goal to connect the transforming power of Jesus Christ to people’s every-day lives. The topic of money has not escaped Tripp’s work. Here are 6 six quotes from Tripp that help us to connect the teaching of Christ on money to our lives.
1. “The problem is that the created thing that you’re looking to has no capacity to satisfy your heart. It wasn’t designed to do that. It cannot give you inner peace. It cannot give you the heart rest of contentment. It cannot quiet your cravings. In a word, it cannot be your savior. And if you look outside of the Savior for something to be your savior, that thing will end up not being your savior but your master.” – Sex and Money
2. “King Money has whispered big promises in our ears, and we have believed his lies. And we line in hot pursuit of what he has no right to promise and no power to deliver-life.” – Redeeming Money
3. “We don’t have a budget problem; we have a treasure problem. We don’t have a financial problem; we have a kingship problem. We don’t have a things problem; we have a heart problem.” – Redeeming Money
4. “I remind you here that ultimately the love of money is about worship. It connects us to the evil of evils, offering the love, adoration, worship, and service that we were meant to give to God alone to something that he created.” – Redeeming Money
5. “Here is the bottom line, and it’s important to remember it when you’re fighting money battles in your heart: no human hero is celebrated in eternity. God is celebrated. All the humans are there by means of his rescue.” – Redeeming Money
6. “God loves a cheerful giver because he is the ultimate cheerful giver, and whenever we live generously, we not only honor his generosity to us but, through our generosity, we point others to him.” – Redeeming Money