My 5 for Friday (May 1, 2020)
Is there an upside to unemployment? What money lessons are churches learning during the pandemic. And why can’t I find a new trampoline to purchase?
These questions and more are answered in this week’s My 5 for Friday.
1. 10 Free Household Budget Spreadsheets for 2020 by Bob Lotich. Are you trying to get a good grasp on your financial picture? Get a budget. And if you are unsure as to how to go about creating a budget, I have good news for you. Lotich has compiled ten free household budget spreadsheets for you. Check out each one and see which spreadsheet is right for you.
2. Sold Out! 10 Nonessential Products That Are Still Super Hard to Find in Stock by Brad Tuttle. Looking for a trampoline? What about a kettlebell? Good luck. These items are tough to find right now. In this fun article, Tuttle looks as ten items that are really difficult to purchase right now like trampolines, kettlebells, and…Tom Brady jerseys.
3. The Emotional Side of Money by Chris Goulard. Money decisions and preferences are not always driven by rational thought. For better or worse, emotions play a significant role in how we manage our financial resources. You probably know this to be true in your own life. In this article, Goulard takes a moment to consider the emotional side of money.
4. The Upside of Unemployment by Chuck Bentley. These are difficult times for many as tens of millions of Americans have been made jobless. In this article, Bentley looks at unemployment through a different lens and focusing on the positives that unemployment can bring. If you’ve found yourself without work or know somebody who is currently jobless, this is worth reading.
5. 7 Church Money Lessons Learned During COVID-19 by Todd McMichen. The pandemic has brought about a number of new normals for the local church. These changes have taught local churches several lessons, including, lessons about money. In this article, McMichen shares with us the money lessons churches have learned.